(253) 460-18001628 S. Mildred #206, Tacoma, WA, 98465
Just got fillings?
Following Placement of Bonded Tooth-Colored Fillings at Baer Smith Family Dentistry:
- Do NOT chew ice!
- Brush normally. Plaque must be removed daily. Floss teeth at least once daily.
- Have your teeth cleaned regularly. Be certain that your hygienist is aware of your bonded tooth or teeth and avoids using ultrasonic scaling on the bonded tooth surfaces.
- Make sure you are not grinding your teeth at night. If you are, we will need to construct a bite guard to avoid fracturing the bonding and to minimize damage to your bonded teeth as well as your temporomandibular joint (TMJ).
- Don’t bite your fingernails! The force of biting them can crack the bonding.
- Don’t pick at a newly bonded tooth with your fingernail. You could de-bond the restoration or shorten its lifespan. If you feel a rough edge with your tongue, we will refinish the edge.
- Don’t try your new teeth out too soon. Eat a soft diet for the first twenty-four hours. It generally takes about a day for the materials to harden and cure completely.
- To prevent staining, try to avoid or keep to a minimum your intake of coffee, tea, soy sauce, colas, grape juice, blueberries, fresh cherries, and do not smoke.
- To prevent fracture, avoid directly biting with bonded teeth into the following foods: ribs, bones, hand candy, apples, carrots, nuts, hard rolls, hard bread, bagels, or artichokes.
- Try to avoid sugar, because acids produced by sugar can attack the junction between tooth and restoration causing stains and premature loss of the bonded restoration.
If any unusual symptoms occur or if you have any questions regarding your post-treatment care, please call the office.
Dentistry Northwest is hands-down the best dental care I have had in my entire life. Not only are they professional, they are friendly and I feel like family there. Everybody is just fabulous and they take the best care of my family.
One of the things that I appreciate the most is the sense of collaboration in my dental care. My hygienist always has information for me and often times something actually printed for me to take. Dr. Smith is just a character and I enjoy visiting with him if nothing else!
I am older and have had questionable things done to my teeth over the years. Dr. Smith and his staff have brought much of this up-to-date and keep my mouth, teeth and gums as healthy as possible. They are simply the best
I have enjoyed my experience with this dental office for 30 years. As the practice has changed hands, the staff, dentists, and office has remained at an exemplary standard. They hire the best, and perform top tier at industry standards. I enjoy their positive, upbeat style of making the client feel welcomed and relaxed. They always go the extra mile. I enjoy my experience always.
I avoided seeing a dentist for years because I was so afraid. I’m so grateful I found Dentistry NW. The staff is amazing and were so patient with me and all the challenges my anxiety brings. I’ve never felt more comfortable in a dentists chair. The dental assistant even held my hand while I got my shots! Love this office so much.
1628 S. Mildred #206 • Tacoma, WA 98465 Phone: (253) 460-1800 • Fax: (253)460-0697
Monday...................................8:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.
Tuesday...................................8:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.
Wednesday.............................8:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M.
Thursday.................................7:30 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.
Friday.......................................7:30 A.M. - 3:00 P.M.
Saturdays by Appointment only between
8:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M.